Wednesday, October 13, 2004
Another all-nighter!!!
ok....so i actually just wrote in this thing a few hours ago, but i did not sleep last night and i have completely run out of things to do so im just gonna go ahead and blog again. Because honestly I could write all day long and never run out of things to say. So if you would like to read the FIRST blog of today, refer to the post before this one. It is surely worth reading.
Ah, so perhaps you noticed the fact that I said I did not sleep last night. I said that because I didn't. Not at all. You see, I have this problem. I think it's called INSOMNIA. I remember back in high school and the years preceding, I had it very badly. I would honestly go to bed and lay there for a good 4-5 hours without ever falling asleep.
And then it went away when I came to college. Granted, I do stay up VERY late on a regular basis. I usually don't attempt to go to bed until about 2 a.m., but that is because I've always been a night person. I just think it's a waste of perfectly good time in a day to go to bed at like 10.
anyways, so now I think my sleeping problem is back. I've noticed it occurring more frequently this year. Tonight I wasnt feeling tired and it was about 2'ish I would say. So I decided to just lay in bed and watch a movie. Movie of choice, you ask? Scream 3. Why such a mediocre film, you ask? Two words: Parker Posey. If you do not know who Parker Posey is or have not been exposed to her comic genius, just rent Scream 3 and look for the woman who plays the actress that is playing Gayle Weathers. Either that, or rent The House of Yes, Josie and the Pussycats, or Best in Show (or any of the movies that were made by that director.)
but I digress. I was watching Scream 3. Normally, I would nod out while watching T.V in bed...but it just wasnt happening. I even tried to close my eyes and listen to the movie. Not happening. Then I tried to turn off the movie and close my eyes. Not happening.
By this time, an hour had passed. And I start getting antsy. The kicking of the covers starts to happen. One leg out. Then both. Then just the feet out. Then the feet back in. Then the right side of my body out. This goes on and on and on. For another hour.
By this time I'm just straight up thinking about how Im not going to get any sleep and how I have so many things to do tomorrow. Aside from writing two papers, I have class until 9 at night. bummer. And then it occurs to me. Damn the man! I told Amanda that I would be into work at 8 in the morning to learn how to do Game inventory.
That means I'd have to wake up by 7, at the latest 7:30. Which means by this point, if I WERE to fall asleep, I would only get about 3 hours. And I think we all know from experience that getting less than 4 hours of sleep is much worse than not sleeping at all. Because then you wake up and would rather shoot yourself right then and there than get out of bed. So I opted for the not-sleeping-at-all route, where you basically are wired for the first 3 hours of your day, then go into a hazy mind warp...then develop a mind-numbing headache followed by crabbiness, irritability, and bitchiness similar to that of PMS.
All right. So this should be a fun day! So I get out of bed. What to do. What to do. First, I finished Scream 3. Spectacular. Now what. I wanted to go out to the livingroom, but I didnt want to wake up Katie with the T.V. Then I wanted to finish laundry, but that dryer is loud too. So then I sat here at my computer for a while. That got boring. So here's a bright idea: let's go for a nice, refreshing, calming DRIVE around E-ville!
Which basically lasted long enough for me to get to the East side and back before I realized what hell it is to drive in ANY city at 5:30 in the morning on a weekday. I should have known that the worst and scariest drivers in the world are the middle-aged working-class men. It's really very intimidating to be in the mix with these guys. They all drive either pick-ups, SUV's, or really old rusty cars....like those little red ford escorts with rust and dirty windows. And of course every man out there is running late for work. So they are unimpressed with your attempts to speed. They HAVE to go 2 mph faster than you. So they MUST get on your butt and weave around you at any cost.
It's all very irritating. Especially here in Eville because, let's face it, nobody drives like that here during the DAY. I usually complain that people here are not aggressive enough when they drive. Now I know why. All the normal drivers are at work during the day, and only the stay-at-home soccer moms in minivans are roaming the streets.
And here I sit. My eyes are starting to get super tired. This sucks. I have a lot to do and now I have to do it all with no sleep....until 9 at night! Maybe if I get my little Lit Crit paper done before spanish, I can take a nap from 3-5:30. ohhh lets hope so. I will be one little fiesty girl otherwise!
Oh, and I also discovered tonight this cool thing called Audioblogging. you can call from your phone and make an audio file of yourself talking and it gets posted to your blog. I tried doing that tonight too, but it didnt work. I'll try again sometime. Cuz that would be suh-weet.
Wow, see. I could totally write forever about nothing. I think Im just really tired now. I'll stop rambling. Everyone have a fantabulous day!
Ah, so perhaps you noticed the fact that I said I did not sleep last night. I said that because I didn't. Not at all. You see, I have this problem. I think it's called INSOMNIA. I remember back in high school and the years preceding, I had it very badly. I would honestly go to bed and lay there for a good 4-5 hours without ever falling asleep.
And then it went away when I came to college. Granted, I do stay up VERY late on a regular basis. I usually don't attempt to go to bed until about 2 a.m., but that is because I've always been a night person. I just think it's a waste of perfectly good time in a day to go to bed at like 10.
anyways, so now I think my sleeping problem is back. I've noticed it occurring more frequently this year. Tonight I wasnt feeling tired and it was about 2'ish I would say. So I decided to just lay in bed and watch a movie. Movie of choice, you ask? Scream 3. Why such a mediocre film, you ask? Two words: Parker Posey. If you do not know who Parker Posey is or have not been exposed to her comic genius, just rent Scream 3 and look for the woman who plays the actress that is playing Gayle Weathers. Either that, or rent The House of Yes, Josie and the Pussycats, or Best in Show (or any of the movies that were made by that director.)
but I digress. I was watching Scream 3. Normally, I would nod out while watching T.V in bed...but it just wasnt happening. I even tried to close my eyes and listen to the movie. Not happening. Then I tried to turn off the movie and close my eyes. Not happening.
By this time, an hour had passed. And I start getting antsy. The kicking of the covers starts to happen. One leg out. Then both. Then just the feet out. Then the feet back in. Then the right side of my body out. This goes on and on and on. For another hour.
By this time I'm just straight up thinking about how Im not going to get any sleep and how I have so many things to do tomorrow. Aside from writing two papers, I have class until 9 at night. bummer. And then it occurs to me. Damn the man! I told Amanda that I would be into work at 8 in the morning to learn how to do Game inventory.
That means I'd have to wake up by 7, at the latest 7:30. Which means by this point, if I WERE to fall asleep, I would only get about 3 hours. And I think we all know from experience that getting less than 4 hours of sleep is much worse than not sleeping at all. Because then you wake up and would rather shoot yourself right then and there than get out of bed. So I opted for the not-sleeping-at-all route, where you basically are wired for the first 3 hours of your day, then go into a hazy mind warp...then develop a mind-numbing headache followed by crabbiness, irritability, and bitchiness similar to that of PMS.
All right. So this should be a fun day! So I get out of bed. What to do. What to do. First, I finished Scream 3. Spectacular. Now what. I wanted to go out to the livingroom, but I didnt want to wake up Katie with the T.V. Then I wanted to finish laundry, but that dryer is loud too. So then I sat here at my computer for a while. That got boring. So here's a bright idea: let's go for a nice, refreshing, calming DRIVE around E-ville!
Which basically lasted long enough for me to get to the East side and back before I realized what hell it is to drive in ANY city at 5:30 in the morning on a weekday. I should have known that the worst and scariest drivers in the world are the middle-aged working-class men. It's really very intimidating to be in the mix with these guys. They all drive either pick-ups, SUV's, or really old rusty cars....like those little red ford escorts with rust and dirty windows. And of course every man out there is running late for work. So they are unimpressed with your attempts to speed. They HAVE to go 2 mph faster than you. So they MUST get on your butt and weave around you at any cost.
It's all very irritating. Especially here in Eville because, let's face it, nobody drives like that here during the DAY. I usually complain that people here are not aggressive enough when they drive. Now I know why. All the normal drivers are at work during the day, and only the stay-at-home soccer moms in minivans are roaming the streets.
And here I sit. My eyes are starting to get super tired. This sucks. I have a lot to do and now I have to do it all with no sleep....until 9 at night! Maybe if I get my little Lit Crit paper done before spanish, I can take a nap from 3-5:30. ohhh lets hope so. I will be one little fiesty girl otherwise!
Oh, and I also discovered tonight this cool thing called Audioblogging. you can call from your phone and make an audio file of yourself talking and it gets posted to your blog. I tried doing that tonight too, but it didnt work. I'll try again sometime. Cuz that would be suh-weet.
Wow, see. I could totally write forever about nothing. I think Im just really tired now. I'll stop rambling. Everyone have a fantabulous day!
