Friday, October 01, 2004

 

so not domesticated

after reading emily's blog and discovering that she was able to cook a tasty meatloaf, i began to feel a bit down about my own domestic capabilities. I suck. And I thought other people sucked too, but I was wrong. Take, for instance, Emily.

Emily do you remember when we were little and we wanted to bake cookies without your mom's help and she kept telling us we would screw it up so we couldnt. And we totally made them anyway. And totally screwed them up. We accidentally put in like triple the amount of flour that we were supposed to. So we had these little flaky balls of goo. Well you probably dont remember that, but it sticks out in my mind. And then we got in trouble from your mom.

Well, that stuff still happens to me when I bake. I dont need to be 8 years old to screw stuff up. And now Emily is able to make a meat loaf? I thought her cooking abilities were restricted to canned soup or grilled cheese. im so disappointed that im now the only loser girl in the world that cant cook.

I wouldnt even know how to begin to make a meatloaf. and if i had a recipe, im sure i could find a way to screw it up. im just so not domestic. and its hard living with katie who can sew anything. she made our throw pillows and our shower curtain and our old drapes. sure, i made my justin timberlake pillow, (which i still treasure) but that consisted of ironing on his picture onto a tee-shirt and then cutting it out and sewing it onto a pillow. that is 6th grade stuff right there.

i just hope i marry a man who can cook. because my family will starve if they rely on me. oh, and i hope he knows how to sew too. not that any family relies on a hefty amount of sewing in their lifetime, but you never know.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?