Thursday, October 07, 2004

 

This and that and some other stuff

The other day I was at my work picking up my check and my manager started talking to me about stuff...and I told her I had to get going because I had class at 4:30 and was going to be late. Hearing this, one of the new girls we have working piped in and asked, "Do you know Jeff? He's tall and kinda has a big head."

"Hmmm...Jeff with a big head? No I dont think I know a Jeff with a big head. Or a Jeff at all. Why?" I asked, thinking surely this young girl had a legitimate reason for asking.

"He has class at 4:30 too." She answered.


Ooooh. The ignorance of youth. I love it. I just smiled and told her that there were A LOT of classes at 4:30. she just looked confused.


Tonight I watched The Day After Tomorrow (which comes out Tuesday, arent you jealous you dont work in a video store?). It was very good. But I think I was biased while watching because A) I am in love with Jake Gyllenhaal and think he is one of the cutest things ever created and B) I am fascinated with all things tornadoes. Or natural catastrophes. whatever. I love destruction. arrrrghhh!!

The only qualm I have about this movie is the wolves. huh? ok, im not sure who has seen this movie and who hasnt. But then again, I think PERHAPS two, maybe three, people read my blog...so im just not going to hold anything back here. Dont worry im not RUINING anything.

all right, so you have this movie where the big villain of the thing is essentially the WEATHER. which is neat. you've got your tornadoes and your hurricanes and your tidal waves and floods and your -150 degree coldness that freezes humans to icicles in a manner of seconds. That is all neat. Good special effects. Good drama.

Then you've got your wolves that they just decided to throw in. It was like they said halfway through the movie..."Wait a sec, all of this massive destruction isnt scary enough. Let's throw in about 4 angry WOLVES. That'll get 'em!"

Seriously, these wolves WERE mentioned about an hour before they actually showed up in the movie, and that was when this guy like looked in an empty cage and goes, "The WOLVES! They're GONE!" oh my gosh!!!!!

It just made no sense. Why in the world was that necessary? The part of the movie they were in was freaky enough without them. These guys are racing against time to get some stuff they need before the huge eye of the snowstorm hits Manhattan and will be able to freeze them to icicles in a matter of seconds. That is tense stuff! And then the wolves come. It's just so wrong. AND they were computer animated wolves.

That's just the movie critic in me talking. Ok, well I am going to go watch Raising Helen now and try to get some reading done. Im so pathetic. I could have gone out with Nikki tonight but i have literally NO money to my name right now. i am sucked dry. and i work every night this weekend so tonight would have been my only night to do something. oh well.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?